What are the features of KotiApp?
Maintenance record is an important memo for any home. It includes your home’s basic data and more specific information on completed maintenance and repair actions, as well as recommendations on future actions.
- KotiApp includes an electronic maintenance record that is customised for your home. Once you have entered the basic data of your home and the completed maintenance and repair actions, the app will assist you in properly maintaining your home. You can electronically maintain your home’s maintenance record by adding all completed actions in KotiApp.
- The Land Use and Building Decree that entered into force in 2000 requires that there must be a maintenance record for all new buildings to be used as a permanent residence or place of work. A maintenance record is not mandatory for buildings built before the entry into force of the decree, but a maintenance record is part of good property maintenance.
Home folder is the place where you store the important information, photos and notes of your home.
- KotiApp includes an electronic home folder where you can save all important information about your home, such as the contact details of your electrician and chimney sweeper so that you will quickly find their phone numbers the next year.
- You can also save the drawings, permit documents and other documentation of your home in the home folder to free up space in your bookshelf.
- You can add notes in the app on the codes of the paints you have used and the data of all the lamps in your home, for instance, so that you can access the information when at the store. You can also add photos of renovations for future use.
Other issues to be taken into account
As an OwnEngineer site visit is mostly a superficial and sensory survey, the fact that a survey has been performed does not eliminate the possibility that the inspected site may contain hidden defects which cannot be detected with the methods used during a superficial survey. Hidden damage inside structural elements cannot be detected unless there is some visible damage on the surface of the structural element or damage that can be detected with a measuring device.
Do you have any questions regarding KotiApp? Please send us an email at email@example.com.
Who is behind KotiApp?
Raksystems Insinööritoimisto Oy.
Why did you create KotiApp?
Raksystems has created an exceptionally easy way to care for your home. Raksystems, a company that has inspected more than 150,000 Finnish homes, offers its thousands of years of engineering experience and expertise to anyone through the new KotiApp mobile application. The goal is to make the maintenance of your home easy, smart and proactive.
What kind of a phone do I need to use KotiApp?
You can use KotiApp with an iPhone or an Android phone.
I have an idea to improve KotiApp.
Please submit your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have all the information on my home archived in a folder. Can I add the documents to KotiApp?
Yes, you can. You can enter or save existing information as photos or notes in the Home folder of your KotiApp.
You can also save in the Home folder photos of areas where you have noticed something suspicious or something that you should keep an eye on. This way, you can see how the situation evolves over time. It also ensures that these areas will not be overlooked in connection with your periodic home surveys. In addition, you can take a photo of the nameplate of your ventilation unit, for example, and save it in the Home folder so you can easily see what kind of a filter you need to buy. Then you only need to have your phone with you at the store.
How does KotiApp know what actions I must take in my home?
The information you enter in the application allows it to get to know your home.
How will I benefit from KotiApp?
KotiApp is a smart application that will get to know your home. It will remind you when you should perform a maintenance/repair action, providing you instructions on what to do. If you perform maintenance and repair actions on time, you can save tens of thousands of euros. A proper maintenance record is also a benefit if you want to sell your home.
What does KotiApp cost?
Downloading and using KotiApp does not cost anything.
Will the information about my home be safe in KotiApp?
The information in KotiApp is protected with appropriate information security protocols.
You can read more in our privacy statement.
Can my wife/husband use KotiApp as well?
We will soon add the opportunity to create several user IDs. However, you can already download the app in several devices and use it with the same user ID.
Can I schedule my own tasks?
Yes, you can schedule a task for a specific month or year. You can also schedule recurring tasks.
Can I add another building (summer home, etc.) in KotiApp?
Yes, you can. KotiApp can be used for any home or leisure home from apartments to detached houses and cabins.
Can I delete/cancel the app at any time?
The user or their legal representative can cancel the KotiApp service and close their KotiApp user account at any time by sending us an email to email@example.com. For more information, please see the terms and conditions.